Here is how-to light a 'jet' type backpacking stove:
- Unfold the three stove legs. The legs will securely snap into place.
- Fill fuel bottle approximately 3/4 (0.75) to maximum capacity.
- Thread pump into fuel bottle.
- Pressurize fuel bottle by pumping three, or four, strokes.
- Open fuel valve just enough to partially fill primer cup (below stove).
- Close fuel valve.
- Light primer cup and allow all fuel to burn
- Once fuel in primer cup is exhausted, open fuel valve and light aerosolized fuel at top of stove burner.
- If stove flame is tall and yellow, shut off stove and repeat priming process.
- As fuel pressure decreases, give the fuel bottle a couple of strokes to increase pressure.
- Turn fuel valve off when done cooking.
This video will show you how to light an MSR Whisperlite Stove.
Today's featured product is: